Wonder Club world wonders pyramid logo WonderClub Facebook WonderClub Tweet   WonderClub RSS feed Join WonderClub's Twitter Page Join WonderClub's Facebook Page
World Wonders
Wildlife
Celebrities
Movies
Puzzles
Comics
Video Games

Resistance 3

Resistance 3

Resistance 3

Resistance 3 is a 2011 science fiction post-apocalyptic first-person shooter developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3. Resistance 3 is the third and final installment in the Resistance trilogy. Resistance 3 is the first in the series to support 3D and PlayStation Move and the first to introduce the PSN Pass program. The game shifts away from the military aspect of its predecessors and takes on a post-apocalyptic feel.

Resistance 3 Plot

The story starts four years after Operation: Black Eden, where the United States is the last nation standing against the Chimera, but leaving most of the states into barren wastelands along with the rest of the world. Joseph Capelli has been dishonorably discharged from SRPA for executing Nathan Hale, while Malikov has discovered a cure for the Chimera virus from Hale's blood as the Chimera begin to exterminate 90% of the human race, leaving 10% in hiding. In an underground outpost in Haven, Oklahoma, Capelli, his wife Susan Farley, son Jack and other survivors have been living in hiding from the Chimera patrols for over 2 years. Their hope to stay hidden from the Chimera is quickly crushed as Capelli notices a Terraformer (a massive, satellite-like weapon that destroys everything on the ground by firing an energy wave from the sky) moving towards Haven.

They decide to evacuate the outpost when Capelli realizes that the Chimera were following Doctor Fyodor Malikov to the outpost. Malikov says that he finally found a way to stop the Chimera and begs Capelli to accompany him to New York City. Malikov states that a wormhole, which opened over New York City after Hale destroyed the Chimeran fleet with the nuclear warhead 4 years ago is slowly freezing the planet (Chimera thrive in cold climates) and that humanity will not survive the next winter unless the portal is closed. Capelli refuses to help him, but he is convinced by his wife Susan who urges him to go with Malikov. Capelli leaves just as the Terraformer obliterates Haven. Capelli and Malikov start their journey on a boat and travel the Mississippi River. They are attacked by Grims, Longlegs, shock drones, and Goliaths and their boat is destroyed and Malikov is wounded, forcing them to seek shelter in St. Louis, Missouri.

Capelli meets with a local resistance group called "The Remnants" after helping them fight off an attack by Chimeran forces. Their leader, Charlie Tent, agrees to help them in return of acquiring a power core from a Chimeran dropship to power their VTOL aircraft. Although their ambush goes awry, they still manage to capture the power core. Charlie and his pilot E

Resistance 3 Gameplay

The game retains mostly the same gameplay mechanics as its predecessor albeit with several changes. The weapon wheel and health bar from the first Resistance game return. There are also new environmental objects such as chimeran plants which explode when shot. The game sees a mixture of new and old weapons; returning weapons include the Bullseye, Magnum, Rossmore, Auger, Marksman and Carbine. New weapons include the Mutator, which shoots biological mist that causes enemies to eventually explode causing splash damage, the Deadeye sniper rifle, and a new food-can based explosive, the shrapnel grenade, which releases a shower of nails when it explodes. Weapons are upgradeable, and become more powerful the more they are used. Humans are forced to assemble their weapons from whatever scrap they can gather. The game features PlayStation Move support and Stereoscopic 3D. Additionally, players can utilize the PlayStation Sharp Shooter peripheral attachment.


Complaints | Coins | Blog | Kites | Digital Media | Magazines | Soul | Dating | Obituary | Outdoor Living | Homeopathy | Contact Us | Golf | Books | Makeup | Chat | FAQ


CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? CLICK HERE!!!